Position Title: Design & Analysis office Intern
Status: Engineering Internship
Department: Design and Analysis Ricardo China
Reporting to: Design and Analysis Manager R-CH
Location: Ricardo Shanghai
Ricardo is a global world-class, multi-industry consultancy for engineering, technology, project innovation and strategy. With a century of delivering value, we employ over 2700 professional consultants, engineers and staff world-wide.
Our people are committed to providing outstanding value through quality engineering solutions focused on high efficiency, low emission, class-leading product innovation and robust strategic implementation.
Our client list includes the world's major transportation Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s), supply chain organisations, energy companies, financial institutions & governments.
Guided by our corporate values of respect, integrity, creativity & innovation and passion we enable our customers to achieve sustainable growth and commercial success.
This role offers an exciting opportunity in the field of automotive engine & transmission design and analysis. You will be working under the guidance of experienced senior engineers based in the Ricardo Shanghai office. Full training of 3D design and analysis software will be provided to carry out the role.
The role should encompass the following responsibilities:
• Support the design and analysis team, working on real engineering projects for real customers
• Working on 3D & 2D designs using CAD software and against real delivery targets
• Support the performance and mechanical analysis team using analysis software
• Follow the Ricardo design process to design and release components through the Ricardo PLM system
• Work on complex engineering design or analysis tasks and write reports and presentations
• Work within a team of engineers on engine design activities such as base engine and auxiliary components from concept design to production intent design
• Work closely with customers and other Ricardo global divisions to deliver designs and meet project deliverables
The ideal candidate:
• Successful candidate will be a Chinese National or Foreigner (Non-Chinese) Student
• Should be studying for a mechanical or automotive engineering degree, the internship will form part of this study
• Have some understanding & interest in the workings of internal combustions engines and / or automotive transmissions and associated components
• Have some interest in mechanical design or analysis, this could lead to undertaking design and / or analysis tasks within the team
• Should have a proactive work ethic and be self-motivated
• Should be a good communicator and willing to work as part of a team
• Should be proficient in both written and oral English
• Chinese language is an advantage
• Comfortable working across a range of cultures
• Studying for BS or MS in Mechanical/Automotive engineering or equivalent qualification
• Some experience with 3D CAD or analysis software is an advantage
• Have some mechanical design or analysis experience, this could be as part of university study
• Microsoft experience, Powerpoint, excel, word
email: firstname.lastname@example.org Penny
Practice time ：3 or more days per week